I have the munchies this morning. These are the times I can quite easily lose control of my whole calorie intake for the day in just 5 minutes! So it’s good to have a few healthy snacks up your sleeve for just such a time.
But, like everything else in my life, the snack has to be rapidly prepared or I just won’t do it. So – when someone said “healthy muffin made in a cup in less than 5 minutes” I was all ready to go!
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 1/2 teaspoons honey
1 pinch salt
2 tablespoons ground ﬂaxseed
1 tablespoon chia seeds
3/4 cup frozen berries
1. Coat large microwave-safe mug with coconut oil.
2. Break egg into mug and lightly beat with a fork.
3. Add honey, salt, ﬂaxseed and chia seeds and stir until blended into a “batter.”
4. Gently fold in the berries until distributed fairly evenly.
5. Microwave on high for two minutes. (Check the muffin’s consistency. If it hasn’t set, put it in for 30 more seconds.) 6. Turn the mug upside down over a small plate and gently tap the bottom so the muffin falls onto the plate. Top with a few spare berries and/or another drizzle of honey. Or just eat it out of the mug on the go.
390 calories (But I missed out the honey so mine will be lower – I am weaning myself off a sweet tooth)
32g carbs (again lower if you miss out the honey)